In this blog series, we share meaningful memorial inscriptions you can use on your loved one’s headstone. From values to character, personality and interests, this series provides endless memorial quote options unique to your loved one’s life. Other articles in this series include:
- Memorial Quotes For a Parent’s Headstone
- Memorial Quotes For Athletes, Coaches and Sports Lovers
- Memorial Quotes For Music Lovers
- Memorial Quotes For Teachers
- Memorial Quotes For Husband and Wife Headstones
- Memorial Quotes For Fathers and Grandfathers
- Memorial Quotes For Mothers and Grandmothers
- Memorial Quotes For Nature Lovers
- Memorial Quotes For Travelers
- Memorial Quotes For Artists
- Memorial Quotes For Animal Lovers
Just as every book holds its own story, so too does every person. And their story deserves to be celebrated and remembered.
In this chapter of memorialization, we turn our focus to those who found solace, joy and wisdom within the pages of novels—the book lovers. And what better way to honor those touched by the power of words than with a handcrafted headstone that has an engraved, personalized memorial quote?
Memorial quotes can be simple and include a few descriptive words, or they can be lengthier personal inscriptions that reflect a loved one’s values, character, personality or interests.
Continue reading for several different memorial quotes about books and by famous authors that will help make your loved one’s final resting place much more unique.
Memorial Quotes About Books
1. "A great book is a friend that never lets you down."
2. "Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read."
3. "A well-read life is a life well-lived."
4. "She turned the page with a heavy heart, but a hopeful spirit."
5. "He found solace in books and left his mark on every page he turned."
6. "She believed in the magic of words and carried their enchantment with her."
7. "In the world of literature, their spirit continues to dwell."
8. "Through books, they found a way to touch eternity."
Memorial Quotes From Popular Books
9. "The ones that love us never really leave us. You can always find them, in here."
—J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
10. "I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul."
—Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
11. "Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation."
—Rumi, The Essential Rumi
12. "Death ends a life, not a relationship."
—Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
13. "Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight."
—Rossiter Worthington Raymond, Life and Light for Woman
14. "You gave me a forever within the numbered days."
—John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
15. "The world was hers for the reading."
—Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
16. "So it goes."
—Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five
Memorial Quotes By Famous Authors
17. "The song is ended, but the melody lingers on."
18. "To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die."
19. "What we have once enjoyed, we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."
20. "Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity."
21. "In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years."
22. "Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives."
Discover More Memorial Quotes
Looking for something different? You can explore 300+ more epitaphs in our ultimate list of memorial quotes. Download a free copy of the ebook for further inspiration when designing your loved one’s headstone.