In this blog series, we share meaningful memorial inscriptions you can use on your loved one’s headstone. From values to character, personality and interests, this series provides endless memorial quote options unique to your loved one’s life. Other articles in this series include:
- Memorial Quotes For Teachers
- Memorial Quotes For a Parent's Headstone
- Memorial Quotes For Music Lovers
- Memorial Quotes For Husband and Wife Headstones
- Memorial Quotes For Athletes, Coaches and Sports Lovers
“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me.”
And that gift is something that will never go away—even after your father (or grandfather) has passed. Not only will you cherish their support for many years to come, but you also have the opportunity to honor your father or grandfather’s life lived through a handcrafted memorial.
When personalizing a father or grandfather’s headstone, many families choose to incorporate engraved memorial quotes.
Memorial quotes can be simple and include a few descriptive words, or they can be a lengthier personal inscription that reflects a loved one’s values, character, personality or interests. Continue reading for several different memorial quotes for fathers and grandfathers that will help make their final resting place much more comforting and unique.
Memorial Quotes For Fathers1. “A loving father, tender and kind, what a beautiful memory you left behind.”
2. “A father knows his child's heart, as only a child can know his father’s.”
3. “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad.”
4. “Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.”
5. "As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him."
Memorial Quotes For Grandfathers
6. “Grandfathers give us not only wisdom and encouragement but they are an inspiration to us.”
7. “My grandfather didn’t tell me how to live, he lived. And let me watch him do it.”
8. “One day we will meet again with you, Grandpa.”
9. “Known for making childhoods unforgettable.”
10. “Happiness is Grandpa hugs.”
11. “A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart.”
Memorial Quotes For All Father Figures
12.“It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.”
13. “No man is indispensable but some are irreplaceable.”
14. “Say not in grief ‘he is no more’ but in thankfulness that he was.”
15. “The world is diminished because he is gone. But it is still a better place because he was here.”
16. "His mission on Earth is fulfilled.”
17. “He asked for so little, but gave so very much.”
18. “He who has achieved success has lived well, laughed often and loved much.”
—Bessie Anderson Stanley
Explore More Memorial Quotes For Your Loved One’s Headstone
Engraving a memorial quote is one of several steps in the headstone design process. Uncover even more unique epitaphs to incorporate into your loved one’s final resting place in our memorial quotes ebook.