In this blog series, we share meaningful memorial inscriptions you can use on your loved one’s headstone. From values to character, personality and interests, this series provides endless memorial quote options unique to your loved one’s life.
- Memorial Quotes for a Parent’s Headstone
- Memorial Quotes For Athletes, Coaches and Sports Lovers
- Memorial Quotes For Music Lovers
- Memorial Quotes For Teachers
- Memorial Quotes For Husband and Wife Headstones
- Memorial Quotes For Fathers and Grandfathers
When the matriarch of your family passes, it’s almost as if the world is put on pause. And when time starts again, nothing feels the same.
The loss of a mother or grandmother is never easy, even long after their passing. You may often find yourself thinking of ways to remember this strong figure in your life. One of the most common ways to honor their legacy is through a handcrafted headstone with an engraved, personalized memorial quote.
Memorial quotes can be simple and include a few descriptive words, or they can be a lengthier personal inscription that reflects a loved one’s values, character, personality or interests.
Continue reading for several different memorial quotes for mothers and grandmothers that will help make their final resting place much more comforting and unique.
Memorial Quotes For Mothers
1. "To know even one life breathed easier because she lived is to know she truly succeeded while here."
2. "A mother holds her children’s hands for a while, their hearts forever.”
3. "A woman of grace and dignity."
4. "She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.”
5. "Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."
6. "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all."
Memorial Quotes For Grandmothers
7. "No one spread more love in one lifetime."
8. "A grandma is someone who plays a special part in all the treasured memories we hold within our heart."
9. "If roses are growing in heaven, I will ask for God to pick a bunch of them for me and send them to my grandmother."
10. "A garden of love in a grandmother’s heart and I was the lucky recipient of that wonderful love."
11. "A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend."
Memorial Quotes For All Mother Figures
12. "Today she dances with angels."
13. "She walked in beauty."
14. "Wherever a beautiful soul has been, there is a trail of beautiful memories."
15. "You are gone, but thank you for all these soft, sweet things you left behind. In my home, in my head, in my heart."
16. "She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."
17. "All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
Add More Design Elements to Your Loved One’s Headstone
Engraving a memorial quote is one of several steps in the headstone design process. Uncover even more about memorial design, like headstone shape and granite color, in our Headstone Design Guide.