In this blog series, we share meaningful memorial inscriptions you can use on your loved one’s headstone. From values to character, personality and interests, this series provides endless memorial quote options unique to your loved one’s life. Other articles in this series include:
- Memorial Quotes For Teachers
- Memorial Quotes For Athletes, Coaches and Sports Lovers
- Memorial Quotes For Music Lovers
It’s often we forget how deep of a connection we have with our parents—they are usually our main link to the world. Even if we have a loving husband or wife, children or close friends, the loss of a parent means losing one of our first and most important relationships in life.
Memorialization is one of the first steps in the grieving process that family members and friends can take before or after final arrangements end. Personalizing a parent’s headstone is one of the most important ways to honor their unique life lived. Many families do this with an engraved memorial quote.
Memorial quotes can be simple and include a few descriptive words, or they can be a lengthier personal inscription that reflects a parent’s values, character, personality or interests.
In this post, we offer several different memorial quotes for parents. Adding a special saying that depicts the relationship you had with your mom or dad, or showcases the type of person they were, helps make their final resting place much more comforting and unique.
Continue reading for memorial quotes for mom, dad and parents together.
Memorial Quotes for Mom
1. “I love you for giving me your eyes, for staying back and watching me shine.”
2. "A mother is a mother still; the holiest thing alive."
3. "A woman of grace and dignity."
4. “Her children rise up and call her blessed."
5. “There was grace in her steps, love in every gesture.”
6. “Grace was in all her steps, heaven in her eye, in every gesture of dignity and love.”
7. “To know even one life breathed easier because she lived is to know she truly succeeded while here.”
8. "A mother holds her children’s hands for a while, their hearts forever.”
9. “You taught me to run, you taught me to fly. Helped me to free the me inside.”
Memorial Quotes for Dad
10. “You toiled hard Dad, now you rest. We are proud you are ours, one of the best.”
11. “A father knows his child's heart, as only a child can know his father’s.”
12. “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad.”
13. “Say not in grief ‘he is no more’ but in thankfulness that he was.”
14. “My Father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.”
—Clarence Budington Kelland
15. “Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.”
16. “No man is indispensable but some are irreplaceable.”
17. “We’ll always remember you Dad because there'll never be another one to replace you in our hearts, and the love we will always have for you.”
Memorial Quotes for Parents Together
18. “We lived together in happiness. Now we rest together in peace.”
19. “Loving and kind in all their ways, upright and just to the end of their days. Sincere and true in heart and mind, what a beautiful memory they left behind.”
20. “Let the stars keep track of us. Let us ride our own orbits and trust that they will meet. May our reunion be not a finding but a sweet collision of destinies!”
21. “Beloved by all who knew them.”
22. “Our parents, you are with us always—whether near or far. For you see, we’re connected by the heart.”
23. “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes part of us.”
Explore More Memorial Quotes For Your Loved One’s Headstone
Engraving a memorial quote is one of several steps in the headstone design process. Uncover even more unique epitaphs to incorporate into your loved one’s final resting place in our memorial quotes ebook.