In this blog series, we share meaningful memorial inscriptions you can use on your loved one’s headstone. From values to character, personality and interests, this series provides endless memorial quote options unique to your loved one’s life. Other articles in this series include:
- Memorial Quotes For a Parent's Headstone
- Memorial Quotes For Athletes, Coaches and Sports Lovers
- Memorial Quotes For Music Lovers
- Memorial Quotes For Teachers
- Memorial Quotes For Husband and Wife Headstones
- Memorial Quotes For Fathers and Grandfathers
- Memorial Quotes For Mothers and Grandmothers
The elements of nature often serve as a subtle reminder that our lost loved one’s are near. Whether it be a cardinal landing on the tree outside your bedroom window or a rainbow shining in the sky as you drive through a storm, these signs provide us comfort as we navigate through grief.
Another common way to incorporate daily reminders of your loved one is through a handcrafted headstone with an engraved, personalized memorial quote.
Memorial quotes can be simple and include a few descriptive words, or they can be lengthier personal inscriptions that reflect a loved one’s values, character, personality or interests.
Continue reading for several different memorial quotes about nature and Earth’s elements that will help make their final resting place much more unique.
Memorial Quotes About Nature
1. “Nature is not a place to visit, it is home.”
2. “Where flowers bloom, so does hope.”
—Lady Bird Johnson
3. “For life and death are one, even as the river and sea are one.”
4. “To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wildflower.”
5. “The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.”
6. “Seeing death as the end of life is like seeing the horizon as the end of the ocean.”
7. “Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”
8. “Where you tend a rose, a thistle cannot grow.”
—Frances Hodgson Burnett
9. “The butterfly counts not months but moments; and has time enough.”
10. “Look for me in the rainbows, way up in the sky.”
11. “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.”
Memorial Quotes About the Seasons
12. “Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.”
13. “But tomorrow may rain, so I’ll follow the sun.”
14. “Autumn whispered in the wind, ‘I fall but always rise again.’”
15. “The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created spring.”
16. “Winter passes and one remembers one’s perseverance.”
17. “No winter lasts forever. No spring skips its turn.”
Discover More Headstone Design Elements
Engraving a memorial quote is one of several steps in the headstone design process. Uncover even more unique epitaphs to incorporate into your loved one’s final resting place in our memorial quotes ebook.