In this blog series, we share meaningful memorial inscriptions you can use on your loved one’s headstone or a community memorial. From values to character, personality and interests, this series provides endless memorial quote options unique to your loved one’s life. Past articles in this series include:
Throughout their careers, teachers touch the lives of so many in their community—students, parents, other educators, the list goes on. The strong bond often created between a teacher and their community can make the loss of a teacher a traumatic and heartbreaking event.
Designing a headstone or community memorial is one way to help you cope with the loss of a teacher and/or memorialize a loved one that dedicated their life to teaching. You can include common inscriptions—name, birth date and death date—but what memorial quote can you use to remember the impact they had on others?
Memorial quotes can be simple and include a few descriptive words, or they can be a lengthier personal inscription that reflects the individual’s values, character, personality or interests.
In this post, we offer several different memorial quotes for teachers. Oftentimes, quotes for those who work in education appear on memorial plaques, community memorials or dedications at school buildings.
Continue reading for memorial quotes for teachers and quotes about education to use as unique inscriptions.
Memorial Quotes for Teachers1.“They always made the classroom brighter with their knowledge and wisdom. ”
2. “A good teacher is like a candle—it consumes itself to light the way for others.”
3. “The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don’t tell you what to see.”
—Alexandra K. Trenfor
4. “Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.”
5. “A good education can change anyone. A good teacher can change everything.”
6. “To the world you may just be a teacher, but to your students, you were the world.”
7. “A teacher is the greatest blessing of the Lord.”
8. "With his insight and experience, he always made the classroom brighter."
9. “Once in a lifetime people get to meet an amazing teacher like him.”
10. “Teachers plant seeds that grow forever.”
11. “She made a difference in the lives she touched.”
12. “In grateful remembrance of a teacher who made a difference.”
13. “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”
—William Arthur Ward
14. “Teachers, in their way, are holy angels leading their flocks out of the darkness.”
15. “Teachers can make such a profound impact on our lives and should be honored as heroes.”
16. “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.”
—Henry B. Adams
17. “It’s the teacher that makes the difference, not the classroom.”
Memorial Quotes About Education
18. “Kids always first.”
19. “Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.”
20. “Education is the movement from darkness to light.”
21. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
Design a Memorial Unique to the Life Lived
Choosing a memorial quote is one of the first steps in the headstone design process. Discover even more about memorial design, like headstone shape and granite color, in our Headstone Design Guide.