It can be extremely difficult to express a lifetime of love in just one short phrase. Whether it’s a Biblical verse, personal saying, epitaph or quote, it’s important to consider the message your loved one would want to be remembered by. Many face this common struggle when deciding what to have inscribed on a loved one’s memorial.
Fortunately, through decades of experience inscribing headstones, gravestones and mausoleums, we’ve collected a number of Bible verses you can pick or use as inspiration. Here is a look at some of the most popular bible verses for headstones.
The general categories below signify the general message of each Bible verse.
Comfort and Peace
- Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. (Matthew 5:4)
- Come to me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)
- He heals the broken in heart, and binds up their wounds. (Psalm 147:3)
- I thank my God upon every remembrance of you. (Philippians 1:3)
- In the multitude of my thoughts within me your comforts delight my soul. (Psalm 94:19)
- Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. (2 Thessalonians 3:16)
- Show me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because you, LORD, have helped me, and comforted me. (Psalm 86:17)
- Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted of God. (2 Corinthians 1:4)
- Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
Hope and Faith
- Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. (Matthew 5:8)
- Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. (Jeremiah 17:7)
- Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of the man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him. (1 Corinthians 2:9)
- I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)
- Not my will, but thy will be done. (Luke 22:42)
- Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. (Isaiah 12:2)
- The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints. (Ephesians 1:18)
- The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. (Psalm 23:1)
- Well done good and faithful servant. (Matthew 25:21)
Strength and Courage
- Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. (Corinthians 16:13)
- Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)
- Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. (Nehemiah 8:10)
- He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. (Isaiah 40:29)
Choosing the Right Memorial Inscription
At Milano Monuments, we understand choosing the right inscription for your cemetery markers, mausoleums and monuments can be difficult. Our caring and experienced professionals work personally with each individual and family to help them through the entire memorialization process.
Contact Milano Monuments to learn more about our services and team.