When you first drive into a cemetery, you look out over what almost appears to be a city--with skyscrapers, multi-story and single-story structures, and statues in almost every shape and style. But when you look closely, you will see that cemetery monuments fall into a few categories that can be easily identified.
- Upright monuments come in a wide variety of styles, shapes and sizes, providing a full range of creative and personalized works of art.
- Slant memorials and bevel headstones are midway in height between flat grave markers and upright monuments. They come in single or double in size and can be personalized with symbols or inscriptions.
- Flat headstones can be personalized, but the design is naturally restricted by the smaller area. Because they lie flush with the ground, they often are hard to locate in the cemetery.
- You will also see an occasional statue or bench memorial.
- Milano Monuments designs and builds family mausoleums and crypts for cemeteries. We also construct free-standing buildings used for private mausoleums and monuments. A mausoleum encloses a burial chamber either wholly above ground or within a burial vault below. The price or cost of mausoleum design will vary based on a number of factors which include the size of the building, the kind of granite used for construction, the details in the ornamentation and the amount of crypts.
- Milano Monuments also builds and erects community, cultural and civic monuments that commemorate a person, place, or event that has great significance to a great number of people.
The fact is, you have a wide range of options available for a lasting tribute to one you loved so dearly whether it be a simple headstone and grave marker to a upright monument. With many design options available, each headstone and memorial can be adorned with special lettering styles, etched or engraved designs, and photographic reproductions that uniquely personalize the memorial style you choose.